Page Groups is a feature that groups multiple pages together. A group displays a summary of useful figures for all the pages within it, but can also link pages together. You can create many groups and add any page you own to them; you can also add your supporter pages once they have been published.
These types of group are automatically created by the platform to manage certain pages. These groups cannot be deleted and have limited modifiable settings.
- Charity pages - Any pages you publish using your charity account will be automatically added to this group
- Supporter pages - Any pages published by your supporters will be automatically added to this group
- Expanded pages - These groups are automatically created when any of your pages are expanded across multiple pages.
Creating & deleting groups
You can create as many groups as you like. The system will notify you if you already have an unnamed group when attempting to create a new one.
- Create a group - Click Create group from the top menu.
- Delete a group - Click Delete group from the top menu when viewing an individual group.
Group options & settings
You can access a group's settings by clicking on the group name from any of the group lists.
Pin to top
Set this option to Yes if you would like display a group near the top of any group lists.
Show group on profile page
Set this option to Yes to display a group in a section on your public charity profile page. The title of the group will also be displayed above the section on your profile page.
Show group on dashboard
Set this option to Yes if you would like to display an entire group on your dashboard for easy access.
Auto add to group
Use this feature to automatically add pages to a group when they are first published. There are five settings:
- None - Disables this feature
- Charity pages - Adds pages published by the charity
- Supporter pages - Adds pages published by your supporters
- Charity & supporter pages - Adds all pages
- Specific template - Adds pages that are using a specific template. When this option is selected, an additional setting will appear to select a template. You can only select a template that you own or have upgraded.
- Expanded pages - This option is not select-able but will be displayed on system group for linking pages that have been expanded.
The option will change the order of the pages displayed in the group. If you have Show group on profile page set to Yes, this will also determine the order of the page tiles displayed in a section on your profile page.
Managing pages in a group
Add page to group
To manually add a page to a group, select a page from the drop down menu. This list contains all the available pages you can add, excluding pages that are already in the group.
Removing a page
If you want to remove a page from a group, simply click the red cross next to the page you wish to remove.
Navigate to page
The page title is a clickable link, allowing you to easily navigate to a page. If you own the page, you can click the Settings icon to view the Page Settings.
The symbol on the left side of each page in the list indicates the status of the page, eg. Published (green), Closed (yellow), Offline (red).