At Visufund, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains what data we collect about you when you visit Visufund (visufund.com), how we use it, who can access it and the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we protect it. This policy also explains your rights to access, modify or delete the data we hold about you.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Who are we?
Visufund is a Limited Company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 10141346). Our registered office is at 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU.
Visufund is the data controller for all personal data collected through this website.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us: https://visufund.com/portal/contact
What data do we collect?
We collect certain information or data about you when you use visufund.comWe collect:
- questions, queries or comments, including your email address, if you contact us via the website
- your personal contact details, which may include email address, home address & telephone number, when you make a donation to charity or create an account on the platform
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to receive emails from us
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you use when you visit the website
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
How do we use this data?
We may use your data in order to:
- process any donation that you make
- recall your marketing preferences
- provide you with services from our website
- notify you of changes to our services
- send you communications that may be of interest to you, which you have consented to receive
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
We retain your personal data in an identifiable form for as long as we have a legitimate reason to use the data and as required by law.
Our legal grounds for processing your personal data
Data protection laws require that, where were process your personal data, we must satisfy at least one prescribed condition for processing. These are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different conditions for the activities we carry out.
In many cases, the information described above will be provided to us by you because you want to use our services, and our use of your information will be governed by our Terms of Service. Giving this information to us is therefore your choice. If you choose not to give all or some of it to us, this may affect our ability to provide the services you require.
Where you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us, we will process your personal data to provide you with marketing communications in line with the preferences you have provided. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Our legitimate interests
We may process personal information for certain legitimate business purposes which are in our interests and enable us to enhance the services we provide, which we believe will also benefit our customers. This may include the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services for the benefit of our customers
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to enhance the security of our network and information systems
- to analyse and understand how people interact with our website
- to identify and troubleshoot issues on our website
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will always consider and take account of your rights. If you wish, you have the right to object to this processing by contacting us.
Who has access to this data?
When you use visufund.com, you agree that your data may be accessed by:
- Authorised employees of Visufund
- Any charity that you have chosen to support through this platform
Visufund will not share your data with any other third party unless we have a legal obligation to do so.
How do we protect your data?
We take data protection very seriously at Visufund to ensure that your data does not end up in the wrong hands. For example:
- We only store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA)
- We ensure our staff are kept up-to-date regarding changes to Data Protection law, and that only authorised individuals can access your data for the purpose of fulfilling their job role
- We encourage our charity members to create separate user accounts for security reasons and GPPR-audit purposes, and to disable user accounts when a colleague no longer requires access to the account (eg. if an employee leaves the organisation)
- We reserve the right to disable registered user accounts, where we detect suspicious activity, to ensure that your data cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person
What are your rights?
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we will respond with one month of receipt of the request. Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint by contacting us.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Links to external websites
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. Visufund cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social media platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website or its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by email. Visufund may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.