Making a donation
How to donate on a Visufund page
Each page starts with a picture. As donations are made, more of the picture is revealed. To contribute:
- Click the 'Donate' button from the menu.
- You'll either be presented with a choice of different objects you can reveal on the page, or directed straight to the donation form (selected pages only).
- Write your message and choose how much to donate.
- Click 'Continue' to add the item to your basket. You can either add another item or proceed to the checkout form, where you'll be prompted for a few personal details before making a payment.
The checkout form
You'll be asked for your name and an email address - we use this email address to send you a receipt after you've donated, which also contains a link in case you need to edit your message.
The charity you are supporting may invite you to consent to hearing from them about their future activities. If you tick a box to say that you would like to be contacted in future, you will be prompted to provide further personal details.
On the checkout form, you'll also be asked if you would like to create your own Visufund account, which will allow you to create your own pages and also save you time next time you want to make a donation.
How to pay
Once you've completed the checkout form and clicked the 'Donate' button, you will be redirected to a secure checkout page to make your payment. You can pay using any major credit or debit card, or with a digital wallet (eg. Apple Pay).
Editing a message
When you contribute to a page, we'll send you an email with links to view and edit your message. To edit your message, click Edit your message here, which is displayed near the bottom of the email. This will take you back to your message, where you can make any changes.
Depending on the type of page you have supported, you'll be able to edit any part of your message, including:
- Your name
- Who your donation is dedicated to
- The content of your message
- Uploading a different photo
- Changing the colour of your object
The edit link will work for 14 days. If you need to edit your message after 14 days, please contact us.