Preparing a template for supporter fundraising
If your charity has any templates in My Templates, you can enable these for your supporters to use for their own fundraising pages.
To prepare a template for supporter fundraising:
- Login to your charity account
- Navigate to My Templates
- Click on a template you own that you want to share with supporters
- Click the Template Setup button
Next, complete the Template Settings - these will be used on your template landing page.
- Template Name - Give your template a memorable name or use the default name provided.
- Template Web Address - Use the default web address provided or change it by clicking the edit icon.
- Template Image - Use the default template image or upload your own. This is shown on your template landing page and when you share the template on social media. Recommended resolution: 1200 x 630 pixels.
- Template Description - Write a statement to encourage your supporters to use the template and create their own fundraising pages.
- Supporter Fundraising - Once you have completed all your Template Settings, you will be able to enable supporter fundraising, which means your supporters will be able to create their own pages with your template.
Once you have Enabled Supporter Fundraising on your template, simply share the template web address with your supporters, and they will be able to create their own pages.
Optional: Creating Template defaults
Before sharing your template with supporters, you may also want to create some default settings for their fundraising pages. For example, you may want to:
- Add your brand colours to the buttons
- Set suggested donation amounts for each object
- Write a default story in About Page
- Set a specific campaign logo to display in the page header
You can modify any of your template's default settings in Template Setup (as above). Any changes you make to your template settings are instantly applied as template defaults.
You can view how an example page will look by clicking Preview from the top-menu at any time.
Other useful information
- If you want to receive a notification when a supporter publishes a page for your charity, you can set this up in My Account.
- When a supporter creates a fundraising page for you, you can view their name and email address by downloading the report called Supporter Fundraising Pages.
- Any donation you receive through a supporter's page is delivered to you in the same way as if it was made on a page you own.
- Your supporters do not have access to personal donor data such as contact details. They are only informed of the donor's name.