Setting donation amounts
In Object Settings, you can change the donation amounts of each object to suit your audience and to maximise the fundraising potential of your page.
Choose between suggested or minimum for each object group on your page. A range of different donation amounts are displayed on the donation form, and the amount you set will be pre-selected.
- Suggested donations allow donors to give any amount they wish. This can be higher or lower than the amount you have suggested.
- Minimum donations require donors to give the set amount or more. This can be useful if you are trying to achieve a specific fundraising target or where an object is particularly desirable, eg. the star at the top of a Christmas tree.
Set an amount for each object on your page. Depending on the donation type that has been set for the object (see above), this setting will either say 'Suggested donation amount' or 'Minimum donation amount'. As a general rule, we would recommend the following:
- If the objects on your page are different sizes, set the smallest one to the lowest value. People will be prepared to give more for a larger object.
- If there are different numbers of each object on your page, set the object that appears most frequently to the lowest value. People will be prepared to give more for a more limited object.
- If there is only one of a specific object on your page, set this to an amount that might appeal to one of your charity's major donors, so you can set the price a little higher.
By default, on fundraising pages, a donation is required in order to reveal an object on the page. You can change this by setting Allow non-donations to 'Yes'.
Allowing non donations can be useful if your page is being used for a dual purpose, eg. fundraising and as a charitable service. For example, some charities may choose to use their page to offer comfort to their supporters and/or provide bereavement support.