Advanced Settings are available to Charity & Corporate members, and give you even more control and branding of your pages.
Advanced Settings can be changed on:
- All upgraded pages
- All pages created with any template (Charity Plus & Pro plan only)
- All pages created with your own templates (My Templates) (Charity only)
You can try Advanced Settings before upgrading by clicking Try Advanced Settings on any unpublished page.
On some templates, supporters will be able to reveal an object on the page when making a donation or leaving a message. Depending on the template used, your page will have one or more object groups, each of which has its own settings and rules.
You can edit an object's name to match your brand or language. For example, you might change "Star" to "Star of Hope".
To change an object name:
- Click the edit icon next to the object name you wish to change
- Write your new object name
- Click Save
The button text is the call-to-action for each object type on the donation menu. Use this to describe what you want your supporters to do, eg. Switch on a light, Hang a bauble, Add a star to the sky, etc.
This is the minimum amount accepted to reveal a specific object. This value can be set to 0,2 or more. Please note, that if you have your Donation Mode set to Optional, this value is automatically set to 0 (Not required).
This is the amount that will be pre-selected when the donation form is loaded. Donors also have the option to choose their own amount by selecting another value or typing in the box.
Include in auto-expand rule
An object group set to Yes will be checked for object availability and included in the Auto-Expand Rule of your page. The Auto-Expand Rule will describe the behaviour of your settings.
This section will describe the condition that will trigger the publishing of a new page, linking to your existing one, to increase availability of objects. If you have more than one object group included in the rule, you will also have the following options:
- Auto-expand when all object groups in the rule become unavailable.
- Auto-expand when any object group in the rule becomes unavailable.
Some templates allow you to set a palette for supporters to pick a colour for their object.
Selection colour: Choose a colour for your object before the supporter has selected their own colour.
Number of colours: Set your own colour palette for your supporters to choose a colour from. You can offer a choice of up to 10 different colours - set the number of colours you require. Set this value to:
- 0 to use the original design colours.
- 1 to use a single colour, set by you.
- 2-10 to offer a colour choice when the object has been selected. You can define a colour palette by clicking on the colour boxes and picking your own colours. If you have set your brand colours in your Account, these will be displayed in the top row.
Once you have set your colour palette, we advise viewing your page and clicking the Shuffle! button to see how your page might look when donations have been made.
There are two donation modes that behave in the following way:
- Required - The supporter will be prompted to make a donation according to the minimum and suggested rules you have set for each object group.
- Optional - The donation form will state that donations are optional, and present a zero value option on the form.
Choose a call-to-action button for your page:
- Add Message
The default setting for most pages is Add Message. If Donations are Required, the call-to-action default is Donate.
Change any of the Display Settings to affect how your page looks. This can be a good way to add your branding to a page. Some of these settings are only available on selected templates.
Some templates give you the option to customise the background of your page. You can configure a combination of settings to create a unique background to suit your campaign. The background covers the entire area of your page, and will position differently depending on device/screen.
You will see a preview of your background displayed in the box. You can upload an alternative image if you like.
Choose one of the following display options for your background image:
- Single - displays your background image across the full width of the screen
- Single Blurred - displays a blurred version of your your background image across the full width of the screen
- Tiled - tiles your background image across the screen. If you select this option, you can choose how many tiles should cover the width of the screen.
When creating your background, you can combine your background image with a colour gradient. This setting allows you to create a suitable blend for both settings.
- 0% (Gradient Only) - only displays a colour gradient background. The background image is not displayed.
- 10 - 90% - allows you to set an appropriate blend of both image and gradient.
- 100% (Image Only) - only displays your background image. No colour gradient is applied.
The colour gradient has two settings - one for the top colour and one for the bottom; these colours will blend into each other. To use a completely solid colour, set both colours to the same value.
Reset background settings
If you want to go back to the original (default) background settings, click Reset background settings.
Allow photo upload
Set this option to Yes if you want to invite people to share a photo when they leave a message on your page.
Photo upload is optional, and your supporters will be able to come back at a later date to edit their message if they do not have access to a suitable photo immediately when they are making their donation.
If you do not want supporters to be given the option to upload a photo with their message, set this to 'No'.
Set this to 'Yes' if you want to display the date a contribution was made.
Add your branding to the buttons & messages by changing the colours. The preview box in Message will update as you change the colours.
Change any colour by clicking on it and selecting a different colour. When choosing colours, we advise you to ensure that there is a good contrast between your text and background colours. This will make your page much more accessible and easier for people to read.
For maximum contrast, light backgrounds require dark text, and darker backgrounds require light text. The system will warn you if the colour contrast ratio is too low for your buttons and message box. If you would like to test your colour combinations for accessibility, we recommend this online tool.
You can restore the default colours on the buttons and messages at any time by clicking Reset colours.
Once you have set your button and message colours to match your brand, you have the option to Save these colours for future.
Once you have saved your colours, these can be applied to any future page you create. To do this, simply click Apply my saved colours.
Unrevealed object visibility
When someone adds an object to your page, their chosen object will be fully revealed and appear on the page prominently at 100% visibility.
When you are setting up your page, you can choose a visibility level for the unrevealed objects too. Changing this setting will affect how your page looks before donations are received.
If you want your page visitors to be able to see where they are all the objects are hidden, choose a higher percentage (up to 30%). This will allow visitors to see a ghostly image of all the objects on the page, and allow them to choose their favourite.
Alternatively, you might choose to make all the objects invisible (0%), so that they are only revealed after a contribution has been made.
If your page is being used for dedications, celebration or remembrance, change the supporter message format to prompt supporters for someone else's name. In this section, you can also customise the default questions that are presented on the Message Form.
Your chosen message format will influence the default questions asked to supporters. For example, if you choose Remembrance, the first question on the form becomes "Who are you remembering?"
The following formats are available:
- Standard (Message + From): Suitable for most pages. Prompts the donor to leave a personal message with their name. The donor's name ('From') appears when you hover over a donated object.
- Celebration (To + Message + From): Suitable for celebration pages (eg. Valentine's Day or birthday appeals). Prompts the donor to leave a public message to someone else. The 'To' name appears when you hover over a donated object.
- Remembrance (Remembering + Message + From): Suitable for in memory and tribute pages. Prompts the donor to write a message in memory of a loved one. The loved one's name appears when you hover over a donated object.
- Dedication (Dedicated to + Message + From): Suitable for dedication or in memory pages. Prompts the donor to write a message dedicated to someone. The 'Dedicated To' name appears when you hover over a donated object.
- Other: If you require a custom message format, choose this option and change the three Message Questions to suit your page. The answer to Question 1 appears when you hover over a donated object.
Depending on the Supporter Message Format you have chosen, up to 3 message questions will be presented to the donor. You can view and change the message questions here. The Form Preview will update automatically to reflect any changes you make.
The question you are asking the donor.
If the donor does not enter anything in the box, you can choose a default word or phrase to be displayed - eg. if they leave the "From" field empty, you may wish to display "Anonymous". If you do not want anything to be displayed, just leave this blank.
If you want the answers to be presented in a particular way (eg. First Name & Surname Only), write this here. This tip is displayed by the question in italics.
Photo Upload Question
This will only appear if you have set Allow Photo Upload to 'Yes'. You can change the wording of this question if required.
Charities can add up to 3 additional questions on the donor checkout form if required. For example, if you are holding an event for anyone who donates to your fundraising appeal, you could ask your supporters how many tickets they would like.
This is the question you are asking supporters, eg. "How many tickets would you like for our event?"
- Multi choice: Use this option if you want supporters to select a single answer from a list that is set by you.
- Free text: Use this option if you want to allow any typed answer.
Answer choices (Multi choice only)
List the answer choices for supporters to select from a drop-down list. Separate each option with a comma, eg. "None,1,2,3,4". The first option in your list will be selected by default.
Set this value to Yes when you are ready to display this question on the checkout form.
Click this to clear and disable a checkout question.
Donor Address Override
Donors are automatically prompted for their postal address according to marketing and Gift Aid preferences. If any of the answers to your additional questions also require the donor address, set this value to Yes.
Accessing data from your additional questions
You will be able to view each supporter's answers to your questions in Transactions. The data can also be downloaded using the Donation Transactions report.
The default page when your page is shared on Twitter. By default, page shares say "Look at this page for [Your Organisation Name]".
Donated Object Tweet
Each object on the page has its own URL, which means that your supporters can share their individual messages with their friends and family. By default, donated object shares say "Look at this message on [Your Page Title]."
Add your Twitter handle and hashtags to tweets when your page is shared, so you can keep track of mentions and activity. If enough people share your hashtags at the same time, you might even end up trending on Twitter!